Year 8 Pathways
The GCSE curriculum continues to offer breadth and diversity, covering a range of subjects for all students, but also offering opportunities for students to specialise in areas of the curriculum they wish to develop further. Courses are designed to be relevant for students and to match their talents and interests. Students are supported in selecting their personal pathway including traditional academic and vocational courses such as GCSEs, BTECs, Cambridge Nationals and NVQs.
Over the next few months, we will be asking year 8 students to make choices about which subjects they’d like to study through to the end of year 11. We have a planned programme to help students with their decision making which includes:
- Taster lessons - teachers will deliver these within the current timetable online
- Assessment 2 reports
- Pathways booklets with information about each subject
- Parent’s evening – an opportunity to speak to teachers about whether a course would be suitable for your child
- Pathways evening – further information about the pathways process and courses on offer
- 1:1 interview with a member of the leadership team
Please see the timeline below. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Assistant Headteacher: Curriculum and Assessment
Olympus Academy Trust Secondary and P16 Assessment Lead
Bradley Stoke Community School
Fiddlers Wood Lane, Bradley Stoke, South Gloucestershire, BS32 9BS
tel 01454 868840
fax 01454 868841